08/08/2009

DIVO'S BUZZ - a game about drugs



The first game I worked on as an official employer of RANJ was Divo's Buzz, a game to teach the player the effects and risks about different kinds of soft and hard drugs.

Divo's Buzz is not playable online, but check out the small trailer (Dutch only, sorry).



The player has the choice between several kinds of quizzes about drugs or an image/text matching game. In the quiz games negative influences of drugs and alcohol are shown in feedback animations of show master Divo. Once a match game or a quiz has been accomplished, a reaction game gets unlocked. In this game Divo is trying to make his way home from the disco. He passes dealers and “friends” offering him various kinds of drugs. If the player decides to use the drugs, then Divo will experience their side effects immediately. The more drugs Divo takes, the more intense the side effects, and the harder it becomes to successfully finish the game.

The good thing about Divo's Buzz is that it does not try to tell you that all drugs are bad (while being hypocritical about alcohol). We tried another route. Divo's Buzz will tell you honestly the effects about a certain drug that you most probably would like and dislike. The good and the bad so to speak. I truly believe that this is the best way to tell teenagers about the dangers about drugs. If you start rambling about "not doing drugs cause it's bad for ya" they just stop listening. Teenagers are curious and like to be taken seriously. But thay are also impatient and usually think that everything that is put in front of them to learn is boring. So we used the reaction game to trick them into playing the quizes. Funny thing is, the more they got to know, the more they liked to play the quizes... probably just to show off to their friends :)

5 comments:

  1. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well..
    drug rehabilitation program

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting way of getting people more informed about drug use and raise awareness about addiction, very cool!

    muse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia,
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    ,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Meniere's disease,Thyroid Cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer
    HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
     Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely and interesting writeup dude, you must hang on to your interest and keep inspiring through it for sake of many people like me..
    Luxury resort in Mandarmoni
    Budget hotels in Gariahat

    ReplyDelete